We will provide practical
advice and go the extra mile on behalf of our clients in all the
courts of Jamaica, from the Family and Magistrates' to the Supreme Court.
We conduct Criminal Appeals in the Court of Appeal in Jamaica.
We will strive to secure the liberty of our clients at the first instance by securing bail or at trial.
We will work with you to represent your instructions robustly whether you are based in Jamaica or Oversea
Police Station Representation
Paying for your case:
- Murder & Manslaughter
- Drug Supply
- Drugs Importation
- Handling Stolen Goods
- Firearms Offences
- Sexual Offences
- We understand that anyone interviewed at a police station will experience stress and worry.
- Knowing your rights and how you should respond to police questioning is vital.
- The desire to go to the police station and tell your story should be considered carefully; it is not always the best strategy.
- We will explain your rights and advise you of the options open to you.
- We will ensure that your rights are protected.
- We will seek to secure your release at the earliest opportunity.
You are entitled to free legal advice at the police station if you are arrested and for the duration of your case through the Magistrates' court and Supreme Court if you are unable to pay privately. Your ability to pay will be assessed by the Legal Aid Office.
Not all lawyers are attracted to taking cases funded by legal aid. You may have to remain in custody longer until you can find representation; however you will almost certainly secure a lawyer early if you are paying privately.
We will give you a clear indication of the likely fees involved in managing your case.